Time is passing so quickly! I will be having my surgery exactly 3 weeks from today! I have been in contact with my patient coordinator, and think I have everything I need to take with me and have even begun to purchase things I will need when I get home.
I will be traveling alone for this adventure and while some people think I am nuts, I actually think it will be a good thing for me. For one thing, I am not a very good patient. I don't like feeling sick and any time I am I just want to be left alone until I feel better. I think that anyone traveling with me (since they would have to stay in my hospital room) would quickly become bored and I would feel like I should do something to help keep them entertained...and that just sounds exhausting!! I also think that this will be a good time for me to spend some time inside my own head. Once I have this surgery, nothing will be the same again. I need to make sure I give myself a lot of positive self talk. It's only me that I have to convince - not anyone else. So this time it's just going to be me.
I went through my closet today and organized my clothes according to size. I was actually amazed at the range of sizes in my closet!! I have been wearing size 1X & 2X tops and size 20 pants for so long that I completely forgot that in the back dusty reaches of the closet I have several things in sizes going all the way down to 14's!! Since I know it's been at least 5 years since I could squeeze into a 14 (it was right at the end of my last successful HCG round) I am amazed that I kept anything. That made me really happy since now I won't have to buy many things as I begin to lose weight. I really didn't want to have to spend much money (on work clothes mostly) when they would get too big before they wore out! How is that for positive thinking?!
I bought my first supply of chewable bariatric vitamins and tried one to see if it was totally nasty...and is wasn't! I also bought some flavorless protein powder and a bunch of different broth's to make that first 10 days not so boring! I have read that my doctor wants 10 days on clear liquids, 10 days on full liquids, and 10 days on soft foods before you get to try more dense things. I am going to have to get creative and try new things! It has been great to belong to a few different Facebook groups for WLS patients. I have gotten lots of ideas for foods and protein drinks and have been able to learn from other people's trial and error. I encourage anyone who is thinking of having the surgery or who needs some extra support after the surgery to check them out. The one's I am in are "Sassy Sleevers", "Mexico Sleevers" and "Sleevers over 50".
I probably won't update again until I begin the pre-op diet. In some ways the next 3 weeks are going to fly by...and in some ways they will crawl by. Either way, February 5th here I come!!!
Ciao
No comments:
Post a Comment