Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Struggling

A random mid-week post to admit that I am struggling with making good food choices.  I have really fallen off the bandwagon of cooking and making sure I have enough healthy food choices to last me all week.  I am falling back on protein shakes, carbs, and protein bars to get me through the day and night.  Because of that, I am constantly hungry.  And that leads to grazing...

Just to add insult to injury, because of early darkness, I don't feel safe running after work.  I know that I should go to the gym and get in at least an hour of exercise 3-4 times a week...but I am just not doing it.  I am scared.  This feels way too much like the old me...and I honestly thought I had left her behind.  I thought that feeling this great would be its own reward and that to keep feeling this way I would be willing to do anything!

And let's just throw the holidays in the mix...too much sugar...and it's a recipe for disaster.  For the first time in this whole journey, I have gained weight.  I am embarrassed to admit it...but there it is.  My demons run deeper than even I realized and I have got to get this turned around - NOW!

My philosophy is...you can't change it if you don't own it.  So I am owning it right now.  Tonight I am going to make a food plan for the rest of the week and I am going to stick to it.  And right now I am going to put on my workout clothes and get busy burning some calories.

I'll keep it real...and keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment