I have completely let the time get away from me and haven't been posting weekly like I have meant to...things have been a bit crazy with my job and it seems like I have something going on every minute of my rare days off! I will try and recap the last month.
First let me say that I haven't lost any weight. The weather, my job, and my lack of motivation to exercise has kept me sedentary since the holidays - which is a recipe for disaster when it comes to weight loss. For a couple of months I was holding steady at 160...then I noticed a two pound weight gain. Ok I thought...162...I can lose those two pounds no problem. Then one morning the scale jumped to 164 and then 165. Hold on now!!!!! That is NOT going to happen to me again in this lifetime! The days of me watching the scale creep up and up and up are OVER!!! So I recommitted myself to the process a week and a half ago. I printed out the 7 day "reset" instructions and started over. The bad news is that it was really really hard to go back to "clear liquids" and start fresh. The good news is that I did it and after one week, I lost the 5 pounds that I had gained...now I am back to 160. The other good news is that my stomach seems to have shrunk some as I get full more quickly now (like I used to) and so continuing to make better food choices has been easier. I have also recommitted myself to exercising. I am back to 2X a week at the gym and 2X a week running.
Speaking of running...we just finished our 3rd race of the year and we are going to make our 12 races in 12 months goal. This most recent race was really fun. It was a St Patrick's Day themed race and even though it poured down rain before and after the race, during the race it was dry. We felt so lucky!!! Maybe it was the luck of the Irish? Our next run is my very first 10K and I am excited AND nervous. My plan is to run 2 miles, walk 1 mile, run 2 miles, walk 1 mile, and then run the .2 miles to the finish. Can't wait to cross the finish line on that one!!!
The other big happening is that I am starting to talk to different plastic surgeons regarding having a breast lift and tummy tuck next year. I want to have it in February - and I have some really specific dates - so I have begun the process of sending my photos and getting quotes for their services. There are a couple of surgeons that I have been following for a few months that are in Miami Florida...and now that I know someone who just had their surgery in the Dominican Republic (and had nothing but good things to say about it) I have also contacted her doctor (and have already heard back from her). I want to lose another 10 pounds before having surgery (ideally maybe even another 20) but according to the doctor, my BMI is well within the range to be safe for surgery...so we shall see. It's a big commitment of time, money, and pain management for sure!!!
I am sure looking forward to some sunny spring days! I feel like I have been cooped up indoors for far too long and my mood could sure use a heavy dose of vitamin D!!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment