I have been away from the blog, but still busy with life. My weight remains steady...but I am feeling a new energy and a desire to begin again. My daughter just asked me to walk her down the aisle at her wedding in November and that has lit a fire under me for sure!
My daughter and her fiancé ran a Mother's Day 5K with me last Sunday - the Color Run. This was the first one I have done and it was a trip! 4 different "color stations" where colored powder or colored bubbles were blown/thrown on you as you ran. Man, I wouldn't want to be on the clean up crew for this race! Since it was Mother's Day, my "kids" said they would run with me the whole race. Usually my daughter (who is 26 and in good shape) leaves me in the dust every race and I am fine with that. I was skeptical that they could hold back and stay with me for this whole race...but they did and I think that is why my time was so much better... 39:34 - Yep...it finally happened...I broke the elusive 40 minute barrier! I felt so great when I saw that time! 10 months ago when I ran my first race I was thrilled to break the 50 minute mark...now I am in the 30's and still improving! An NSV for sure!
We have lot's of 5K's left this year...but a new one has caught my daughters eye and she has talked me into joining her team on the "Warrior Run" a 5K obstacle course run in July. It's one of those runs where at the end everyone is covered in mud! Lord help me!!! Actually it's 6 people from my work and so it should be a great time!
Proud Mom moment coming up this weekend as my "baby" graduates from Boston University with her Bachelors Degree in BioMedical Engineering. She is moving home and then in September she will be entering a Doctorate program at the University of Washington. I am super excited to have her living with me again and I want to model all my new and vastly improved behaviors to her! It will be nice to cook for more than just myself and she and I have vowed to try new and healthy recipes so that we both can be in top form for the wedding!
Still looking ahead (OK - way ahead) to my surgery next year in February. Sometimes I look at my body as it is and try and imagine how I will look with all the hanging fat in my middle gone...and to be honest I just can't picture it. I have a feeling that I am going to be very emotional during this transformation. This is that last step to reclaiming my body and I can't wait to get to the other side of the process. I promise to keep documenting the journey and to even post a picture or two along the way.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment