Today I ran in the "See Jane Run" 5K. This was the race last year that started my relationship with running. Last year I finished the race in just over 48 minutes...one year later I finished in just over 38 minutes! What a difference a year can make. Before my weight loss, I would never ever have ventured into the world of running...now, while I still don't consider myself a "runner", I do feel like I have found something that challenges me physically and mentally and gives me a great sense of accomplishment ! See Jane Run is my favorite race - mostly because it is a women's race - and women are so very supportive of each other when running. You feel so uplifted while running this race and I am already planning to beat this year's time next year!
Next Saturday I am venturing even further outside my comfort zone and running with a team in the "Warrior Dash" - a 5K obstacle course run that encompasses running, climbing, crawling, jumping, and everything in between. Finish line photos of years past show happy, tired faces and bodies covered head to toe in mud! Yikes! I hope I have not bitten off more than I can chew!
Weight wise I am still holding steady right around 160. I have not managed to motivate myself to push past this long stall. I know I need to...I know I want to...but for some reason I just haven't done it yet. I need weight training...I really think that building more muscle is the key to long term success. So I need to kick my own ass and get back into the gym and get it done.
Don't give up on me...I haven't and won't give up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment