After the hustle and bustle of last weekend, this time I stayed home and made a list of all the things I have been meaning to get done this year and have either procrastinated or just plain haven't had time.
First on my list was the side yard of my house. Because my house is cut into a slight hill, the right side yard can only be accessed by climbing a 4 foot rockery from the front or through a gate from the back. My neighbor and I kind of mutually agree that we will ignore the side yard and let nature do her thing. Well that worked for me for a while...but it has been bugging me for months and I just couldn't work up the energy to tackle this huge job. I got up early on Saturday and started pulling weeds and pruning at 7am. By 11am I had it all cleaned up and I just needed to get the piles down the rockery and into yard waste cans. Today I went to the store and bought 6 bags of mulch to spread over the now clean area. Success!!! A hot sweaty mess by the time I was finished, but boy does it look nice!
Next on my list was hanging two prints that I have had for months. I went on Friday after work to purchase frames as my local frame store was having a huge "buy one frame get the second one for a penny" sale. Awesome I thought...I can check this one off my list on Friday night along with mowing the back yard and I will be miles ahead of the weekend list...when I got home however, I found that one of the frames had a broken piece of glass. Damn...another trip back to the store on Saturday. Not as efficient as I would have liked, but another project done. (and the back yard got mowed too!)
I have also been struggling with my dinners. As I live alone, it's a pain in the butt to cook for one person. The only way I manage to do a good job of it is to make a regular dinner and then make several tupperware meals that I can use for my lunches and dinners throughout the week. I decided this weekend to make a couple of things I have never tried before. As seems to be my way, I thought I had chicken breasts to make one of the dishes...but when it came down to it I only had tenderloins. Damn again!! OK regroup and pick another recipe...Saturday night I made Mexican chicken with black beans. It was enough for my dinner plus 3 more meals. Tonight I am making halibut fish tacos. The fish has been marinating in a yummy mixture all day and I am super excited to try this recipe. I think this will also make 3 extra meals, so I won't have to cook again until Thursday! Yay!!
As I look at my list I realize that I am not going to finish everything. But out of the 10 things on my list I will complete 8 and that is a victory in my book!! I treated myself to a trip to my local women's spa yesterday. Spent and hour and a half in the various rooms and pools and then topped off my visit with a sugar scrub and full moisture treatment. OMG I felt so amazing afterwards and it made all the yard work so worth it. This spa (Ladywells Vitality Spa) is so serene and peaceful...when I walk through the doors I immediately feel better. It's like stepping into another dimension and I leave all my worries and fears at the door. I wish I could afford to go every week!!!
So all in all this was a good week. I got on the scale this morning and I had lost a pound. After a couple of weeks of no loss, it was good to see the scale going down again. I am trying really hard to not measure my success by a number on a scale. Having said that however, I want to lose 40 more pounds, so I don't want to lose sight of my goal either. Hopefully with better meals, continued exercise and a positive outlook I will drop out of the 170's next week! So exited to see 160-something on that scale in the near future!!!
Here is my progress so far...
Highest weight - 224.4
Surgery weight - 216.0
Current weight - 171.2
No comments:
Post a Comment