Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Stalling again... :(

I thought my last stall was too good to be true at having lasted only one week.  I was really happy, but in my normal way of thinking I was waiting for the other shoe to drop...and now it has.  I was out of town on Sunday (my normal weigh in day) and so yesterday I was finally able to get on the scale and...nothing.  Bummer!!  I was visiting relatives in California most of the week and so that did disrupt my normal routine.  But I took my protein drinks and bars with me and even though I didn't have my gym, I got up early every morning and went for my walk.  I was hoping that I did enough to keep the scale moving...but obviously I didn't!

The weather here is still very warm and it's a possibility that I am retaining some water because of that...but I don't want to ever play the "scale mind games" that I used to play and so I am just saying that once again I am stuck.  It is frustrating to look down at that display and see no result from your hard work.  But the difference now versus before surgery is that there is no going back.  It doesn't matter how long it takes me to lose this last 40 pounds, it IS going to happen.  I am going to be eating this way for the rest of my life and so eventually the weight will come off!

My first 5K is this weekend.  I can be honest and say that I am not ready for it.  I didn't complete the "couch to 5K" training that I started a month ago.  This stupid hot weather really derailed that for me. It makes it so difficult to come home to an 87 degree house and then want to go out in the heat and run.  I don't have any concerns about finishing the race...I have walked the distance many times...but it's going to take a miracle to finish it in under 1 hour (which was my goal).  But this is my very first race and the hope is that I will fall in love with the "race vibe" and be inspired by the other women and want to do it again and again.  In order for me to make this change and make it stick for the rest of my life, I need to find ways to be active that are social and fun.

One really good thing is that I finally got back to logging my measurements.  I have lost 39 1/2 inches in total since my pre surgery measurements.  Plus...none of my measurements are above 50 inches anymore!  The biggest losses are in my waist (6"), my hips (10.5"), and my bust (6").  I measured pre surgery and then forgot about it until my first stall.  Since then, I measure on the first Sunday of every month.  It is really encouraging to see the inches falling away even though that scale has slowed way down.  I am glad I got back on track with it.  I have now set a couple of measurement goals to go along with weight loss goals.  I want my waist measurement (currently at 39") to get down to 30 inches, and I want my hip measurement (currently at 42") to get down to 36".  The only way that is going to happen is to keep going with my exercise!!!

After much traveling in the first 6 months of this year, I get to stay at home now until October.  This will give me three months to dial in my program and get busy getting this weight off.  My next trip is our annual managers retreat to Palm Springs.  I want my weight to be solidly in the 150's before that happens, so I have got some work to do!!  I'll keep writing this blog to record my progress and my thoughts while on my way to goal.  Off to work now...

No comments:

Post a Comment