Sunday, June 28, 2015

Heat = bad Stall over = good

First, I am so happy that this was a "mini-stall"!  Lasted only 10 days and then the scale started moving again.  Lost 1.2 pounds this week and am grateful !!  Just 3 more pounds and my weight will be in the 160's!  I believe it was around 20 years ago that my weight was in the 160's so I am very excited to get there again.

It has been unusually hot in Seattle this last week...and the upcoming week shows more of the same.  I am fine during the day...but at night, sleep is proving to be difficult.  Two nights ago, I gave up at 3:30am after hours of tossing and turning and one cold shower, and just got up and started my day.  got bills paid, laundry done, and wrote a few long overdue emails to friends.  But I was tired all day.
Last night I brought a second fan into the bedroom and basically slept in a wind tunnel!!  LOL  I slept much better, but still woke up at 5:30am as the sun came up.  I swear the minute the sun came up, my bedroom temp rose 10 degrees!!

Yesterday I treated myself to a "day of beauty".  Started with getting my hair cut and colored, then my lashes done, and ended with a mani/pedi.  It felt so good to just pamper myself for a day!  Now I am all set to head to San Francisco on Friday!

Having lots of fun riding the scooter around.  Rode it to downtown yesterday for my appointments, and remembered one of the reasons I love it...great parking!!!  The only downside was that after getting my hair done up all pretty, I had to put the helmet on!!  Oh well...  Another great thing about the scooter is the gas mileage.  I filled up yesterday (and I was on "E") and the total was...$4.00  Such a nice change from the SUV which, even at today's lower gas prices, costs around $60 to fill up.  Plus in this beautiful weather, it's my poor man's convertible!  I can't help but smile as I scoot around town!

Food has been all over the place this week...mostly due to the heat.  I just can't come home to an 85 degree house and get excited about cooking!  So I have been eating a lot of cold dinners of fruits and veggies and getting most of my protein from my shakes and bars.  I bought a small tabletop BBQ yesterday though and grilled up a bunch of chicken pieces last night once the sun was off the patio.  I marinated the chicken in some olive oil, spices, balsamic, and just a touch of chili oil...had one of the pieces with green beans for dinner and it was yummy!!  The small tabletop BBQ by Weber gets my "single persons BBQ" vote!!!   Even heating, easy to clean up, and easy to move around, I think I am going to love having this!

So my goals this week are to try and beat the heat and sleep better...keep on my food plan...and (even though it's going to be HOT) get my butt to the gym for my weight training.  Then I will take off for SF, where the weather is 10-15 degrees cooler and settle in for a nice visit with relatives.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment