Sunday, June 14, 2015

Still going strong (and hot weather challenges)

Well it's another gorgeous day today!  Looks like it's going to be a great Seattle summer!  Got up this morning and weighed - it's so nice to not fear the scale anymore!!  As of today I am at 175 - lost 2 pounds last week.  I am really happy with my progress.  As long as I am losing at least a pound a week, I am happy.  Some stats for posterity...starting weight 224.4, starting BMI 41...Today's weight 175 and today's BMI 32.  My next goal is to get my BMI under 30.  I think that is when (according to my weight app) I will cease to be "obese" and become "overweight".  I know most people would not celebrate becoming "overweight", but I am certainly going to!!

This was not a week  with big happenings.  I have been traveling so much this year that it was really nice to just be at home and get some things done.  I don't know about anyone else, but the daily mail is my nemesis.  I hate mail !!  I get so much junk mail and then I get mail that needs to be filed, or responded to, or bills to be paid and then filed...it feels like work (it's what I do at work) and so when I get home I don't want to do it.  Needless to say, it then piles up and what would be a 5 minute task if I did it daily, ends up being a 2 hour task when I do it monthly!!  Well, that task got completed last night and my desk looks so great!  I'd like to say I have learned my lesson and will keep it that way...but that would be a lie...I'll just let it pile up again.

Yesterday I took my car in to be detailed.  From doggy drool, spilled coffee, dropped food, and just dirty feet etc, my poor car looked ragged.  I saw an Amazon Local deal a couple of months ago for a complete car detail and I bought it.  I used it yesterday and I couldn't be more thrilled.  They did such an amazing job that my car interior looks like brand new!!!  Note to self - all beverages consumed in my car MUST have a lid!!!  It is so nice to drive a car that is clean and smells good!  This is one task I am going to follow through on - do NOT use the car as a junk holder!!!

Hot weather (well at least hot by Seattle standards) has brought a new set up challenges.  The first being that I do not want to cook when I get home from work!  The house is hot and by the time I open windows, turn on fans, and get everything somewhat comfortable, it's 8:00pm!  So I find myself eating a cold dinner of cottage cheese, salami, hummus, or other cold "snacky" things.  While this is fine in the short term, I don't want to get into the habit of not having a balanced dinner.  The other challenge of hot weather is rashes.  Like a lot of overweight people who lose a lot of weight, I have hanging skin.  My two problem areas are right under my breasts, and under my belly. I developed quite a rash in both areas while in Las Vegas (where the temp was close to 100) and it has taken me a week to get them under control.  This is how I know that I will have to have skin removal surgery and a breast lift after I lose all my weight and stabilize.  I don't want to battle these rashes for the rest of my life!  It's funny, but I didn't battle with rashes very much when I was at my heaviest.  Occasionally I would get one, but not often.  I wonder if my body chemistry has changed and the rashes are a part of it.  Well, whatever reason I am getting them this summer, I know I don't want to deal with them forever!!  Very uncomfortable and itchy and burning!!

My gym partner and I have rededicated ourselves for the coming week!  We have both been traveling a lot this year and have just not gotten in our normal amount of gym time.  I really want to continue to  build muscle so that I can look more toned as I lose weight.  My arms in particular need to "pump up"!  (that makes me think of Hans and Franz on SNL - LOL)  We have vowed to be back to our 3X a week this week.  I am also still training for the 5K that I am doing with my daughter next month.  I may need to look for new shoes because I did a practice 5K a week and a half ago and got a nasty blister on the ball of my foot (just in time to go to Vegas) and it took until now to completely heal.  It makes it hard to get in my miles when my foot is on fire!  I am going to try my other running shoes this week and see if they are better.

Well, that's it for now.  Another week closer to goal.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment