I knew it was coming...knew I wouldn't get to the end of this journey with only one stall...I was just keeping my fingers crossed that I could go as far as possible before it happened. Well, apparently this is as far as possible.
Last week I hit the 50 pound mark. 50 pounds in 18 weeks...I am thrilled. But it seemed like the minute I hit the 50 mark, everything ground to a halt. It's funny how I am so in tune with my body now. I only weigh officially on Sunday mornings, but if I get up mid week and feel particularly light that morning, I will hop on the scale to check mid week progress. This week, I felt heavy every morning. Felt like my belly was bloated, my ankles swollen, and just overall blah. I got on the scale Friday morning just to make sure I wasn't gaining! I was exactly the same...174.2 I thought to myself, now don't get freaked out...you still have 3 days until weigh in...but somewhere in my head I knew...here comes stall #2.
The last time I had a stall (after my first post op month) it lasted 18 days. But then after I got past that, I had almost 3 straight months of steady loss. Now I am left wondering how long it will take my body to move past this point. One good thing is that my exercise is at a good level now. 3-4 days a week I either go to the gym or do my 5K workout. The 5K that I am doing with my daughter is next month on the 12th and so I am trying to get my time down as much as possible. She is going to run the entire race, I am going to run/walk in the hopes of finishing in under an hour. I am really looking forward to it. I have never done anything like this before and although I have cheered on friends and family at these types of events, I will now get to be the person crossing the finish line!
Food choices and amounts have not changed much in recent weeks. I have still stayed away from bread and red meat. With the weather getting warmer, I find that I am more likely to eat a cold dinner of turkey or chicken along with a bit of cheese and fruit rather than cook up the meals I was doing for a while. I did make a chicken casserole last week, but since I live alone, I ended up eating it all week long and it got really boring! It's sometimes hard to cook for one, but I am working on it.
Today is Father's Day. Since my husband passed away, this is a hard day for me. I see the loss in my girls eyes and know that it is hard for them too. We are celebrating with Grandpa today and will try to make his day special. His wife died 4 months ago and he is lonely as well. It will be a bittersweet day, but at least we have each other!
So this week, I vow to keep up with my exercise...get in my daily protein...to NOT forget to take my vitamins...and to keep a good attitude. With all that, and a little luck, this stall will be a brief one!
No comments:
Post a Comment