I made it to the week of my surgery! It's hard to believe that in 4 short days I will get to meet Dr. Rodriguez and get this process underway! In total, I lost 6 pounds in the last 30 days. Not exactly where I had hoped to be, but I feel like those 6 pounds were important ones.
Got a call from Angel, who runs the recovery house. She just wanted to check in and see how I was feeling and if I had any questions or concerns prior to coming down for surgery. I know I have made the right choice for me, as everyone concerned has been very open and caring throughout this whole process.
Finished packing this weekend, and was very happy that I had managed to keep it to my backpack. I am not going to win any fashion awards while I am down there, but everything I took has a purpose and is comfortable. Hopefully much of it will be consumed while I am there. I bought travel size "everything" and will not bring any of that home with me. I also took a dozen protein bars which won't make it back either. I think the only thing extra I will come home with is a back up compression garment. With any luck, I will have a lighter pack on my flight home.
I also arranged for my 6am ride to the airport for Thursday, and am furiously trying to tie up any and all loose ends at work before I drop off the radar for a couple of weeks. A few coworkers know what I am doing, but not many. So far I have only had good responses.
I think the next post will be the night before surgery. With any luck, I will be able to keep a daily log of what is happening before, during, and after surgery. Once I have a decent "after" photo, I will post a side-by-side comparison so you can judge the success for yourself. I am open to questions or comments, only if they are in a good spirit. I don't need any negativity...I get plenty of that on my own...thanks.
Until I head south...see ya!
Good lucky Phyllis. You got this!
ReplyDeleteHi Alice! Just checking in to let you know I made it thru surgery! This is not for the faint of heart! Fortunately I did my research and knew what to expect! I am now beginning day 4 post op and things are improving little by little. I am swollen like crazy, but I think I can see my new body under there! I didn't bring my laptop so blog updates won't be much until I have a keyboard! Lol. Hope all is well with you!
ReplyDelete