Sunday, October 18, 2015

Just when I thought my life was getting boring...

This last week went by so quickly!!  I am happy to report that I am finally losing a bit of weight again.  I am soooooooo close to being in the 150's!!  I thought I was going to weigh 163 forever, but when I weighed in this morning, the scale said 160.4 !!!!  OMG - after not really losing any weight in the last month or so, I lost 2.6 pounds this week!!  I wish I could pinpoint what I did (or didn't do) that caused the scale to finally move, but I really can't.  I ate the same as always and actually worked out a bit less than I have been since I just finished the 21 day fix!

Next Saturday I leave for a work trip to Palm Springs that has been on the calendar for many months. I had set a goal for myself that I would be in the 150's when I got on that plane.  Last weekend I was thinking that I was not going to make that goal...but now the challenge in on to lose one pound this week!!!  My focus is strong and I am determined to do it!!!!!

On a personal note, a big thing happened this week.  A long time friend of mine has been dating a women for a couple of years and living with her for the last year.  A few months ago they got engaged and all seemed right in their world.  Unfortunately that was not the case and they have broken up and called off the wedding.  My friend called me because while he was living with his fiancé he rented out his house!  So now he needs a place to stay while he gets his life back under his control.  I have a 3 bedroom house that I live in by myself (while my daughter is away at college) and so he asked if he could stay with me for a few weeks.  I am taking a leap of faith here because I actually like living alone.  Especially where my weight loss journey is concerned.  I eat what I want, when I want.  If I want to workout at midnight...no problem!  We had a long honest discussion about how this was going to work and I am hopeful that we will rub along well for the next 6-7 weeks.

The trip to Palm Springs will undoubtedly test my ability to stay on track.  I know there will be lots of meals that I have to modify or skip all together.  I plan to take my protein with me in case I have to make do with my own food.  I know there will be drinking as well and I will do that in moderation!  I plan to take my running gear and hope to get in some training time.  My goal is to run a couple of two mile training runs every week all winter long.

I have only had one bad moment with food recently and it came last night when I went to a friends house for dinner and football.  My friends husband is an amazing cook and so I knew that I was really going to have to watch it because his meals are always super rich and super tasty.  He outdid himself with a rack of lamb, a french recipe for potatoes, grilled onions, and a super yummy spinach salad.  Even though I didn't eat too much, the richness of the meal gave me a dreaded case of the "foamies" and I spent about 10 minutes in the bathroom praying that I was not going to throw up!  Damn it!  I know better and yet I still occasionally open myself up to food issues!  Fortunately, this is a rare occurrence.  

I am starting another 30 day online accountability group tomorrow and so I know that I will have the inspiration and support to get through the next month with healthy workouts and an upbeat attitude!

I haven't posted my status for a while and so here they are...

I had my VSG surgery with Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon at INT Hospital in Tijuana Mexico on 2/5/15
My HW was 224.4
My SW was 216.0
I am just over 8 months post op and my current weight is 160.4
I have lost a total of 64 pounds from my HW and my BMI has gone from 41.0 to 29.3

10.4 pounds to my doctors goal - 30.4 pounds to my own goal

One day, one step, one pound at a time...


No comments:

Post a Comment