Wednesday, October 28, 2015

It feels good to be back home again...

Just got back home from my management trip to Palm Springs.  On a business level, I feel like the trip was a resounding success...on a weight loss level, the jury is still out.  Tomorrow morning's scale will tell the tale.  But a few things to celebrate for now...

#1 - On the morning of my flight to California, I got on the scale and it said 159.2 !!!   I did it!!!  I got into the 150's (OK just barely - but still) before the trip!!!

#2 - I took my running gear and took a 2.7 mile run on day 2 and a 2 mile run with a 1 mile trail climb on day 4 - so I really felt good about the exercise I got in while away.

#3 - Water...water...water...  One thing about being in the desert is that the dry air sucks every ounce of water out of your body.  When I packed up this morning, I threw away 11 water bottles!  I drank so much water on this trip!!!

So...now for the bad...well not really bad, just off track.  We ate out at every meal.  I brought my protein bars with me and so I had one of those with fruit for breakfast every morning (good for me).  My coworker and I shared one meal out at a Mexican restaurant and that was great since the one plate was so large that even two of us couldn't come close to finishing it!!!  This is where I go on a rant about portion sizes in America!  What the hell are we doing to ourselves?  No one needs to eat that much at a single meal !!!   Anyway...my biggest downfall on this trip was drinking.  The place right by our hotel had the best damn margaritas!!!  grrrrr- will power out the window!!!  When everyone had the big sandwich lunch one day, I had onion soup (good) - when we all went out for pizza last night I had one piece of chicken pesto pizza (good) but I had a Moscow Mule to drink (bad).  When everyone had sandwiches again for lunch today I had a small salad with turkey (good).

So as you can see, there were victories and defeats where my food and drink choices were concerned, but overall, I feel like I did a good job.  I stayed away from cookies/cakes/candies etc, and drank a lot of water and got in some exercise!  I am going to celebrate my success!

Next up in 10 days is another 5 day business trip (and then I am done for the year!!) - this time to the land of BBQ - San Antonio Texas!  I am originally from Texas, so I am going to visit family for a couple of days and then go to the conference, so I am sure there will be challenges!  I am totally game for the test and I have my eyes on the next milestone which is to have my weight under 150 !!

The race does not always go to the swift...but sometimes to the ones who, despite all odds, remain determined and strong.  I will get to my goal - thanks for sharing the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment