Haven't posted regularly because life has been crazy! Two 5 day business trips in 14 days, a new roommate, my daughter in town, and work that has ramped up to frantic pace...what's not to love?!
My latest trip was to San Antonio, Texas. I left a couple of days early so that I could rent a car and drive to Sumner, Texas to visit my late father's brother. I stayed with my Uncle Wayne for two days and nights. For those of you who don't know, Sumner is in north east Texas just outside the city of Paris. It is rural folks...really, really rural. I am from Paris, Texas originally...and I like to think that there is some "southern girl" still in me...but Sumner is NOT my idea of bliss. I do love my Uncle though...and since I don't get down south very often (this is only my second visit in 7 years) I couldn't pass up the opportunity to visit. One thing about the south...they know how to welcome a guest! Some cousins came over to see me, and they wouldn't let me help with anything! It was a great family feeling.
Southern food however, is NOT a part of my eating plan! I managed to keep it under control for the most part, but the night of the "fish fry" gave me a case of the foamies! Nothing worse than having to bolt from the table with a murmured "excuse me for a moment" while you run to the bathroom and stand over the toilet praying not to hurl up your Uncle's home cooking! My body is just not used to fried food anymore!
After that visit, I went to San Antonio for a 3 day business conference. Good things included...lot's of walking, workouts in the hotel gym, and fun with a couple of my favorite coworkers. Bad things included "conference breakfasts" (read: disgusting) and too much alcohol. Fortunately, I bring protein bars with me wherever I go now...and so when both morning breakfasts were nothing short of inedible, I had some fruit and a protein bar. I am glad that summer and travel is at an end though, because I found myself drinking way more than I should. Now that I am home for several months, I can get back to my eating, drinking, and exercise routines!
I am happy to report that I didn't gain any weight on either of my recent trips. I am unhappy to report that I didn't lose any weight either! I am ready to rededicate myself to getting this last 25 pounds off my body! I am hoping to lose 12 pounds between now and my one year surgiversary, which is February 5th. It is going to take some dedication to the gym in order to make this happen! That loss would put my weight firmly in the 140's and that is my first goal. My second goal is to get into the 130's. That is where I need to stay for 9 months or more in order to feel good about having a tummy tuck and breast lift in early 2017! That is my pot of gold at the end of this rainbow and I am determined to make it happen. I have about half the money saved already and I am not going to stop until I reach that goal.
Future happenings include another 5K in two weeks and my first Thanksgiving with my daughter's future in-laws. Then I will begin the countdown until my baby (she's 22) comes home for Christmas!
I am doing great and there is not a single day that has gone by where I have not been extremely grateful that I had the opportunity to have the VSG surgery. My life is so much better now that I am not carrying so much extra weight around with me. I know that as I lose these last 25 pounds, I am just going to feel better and better. I can't wait to post my next set of pictures when I reach my first goal of getting below 150. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment