Well, last weekend got away from me and I completely forgot to update this blog! I have promised that I won't do that very often as I really want this to be a complete diary of my WLS journey.
So...today I finished the Beachbody 21 Day Fix. Today also marks the end of my participation in a one month online accountability group (also by a Beachbody coach). A few observations...
In the month that I participated, I lost 2-1/2 pounds. Not anything to write home about, but at least I am slowly moving in the right direction. Since I last measured 60 days ago, I lost another 9-1/2 inches...which makes me really happy!! While I wish more of those inches would have been in my waist and hips, I am still happy that I am shrinking all over.
The 21 Day Fix was really tough as I have never done a workout for 21 straight days without a day of rest. The workouts only last 35 minutes, but they are pretty intense. I didn't do all of the workouts (there are 10 in total), but the ones I did do were tough and yet very satisfying! I did the Upper Fix, the Lower Fix, the Ab Fix, the Pilates Fix, the Dirty 30, and the Yoga Fix. By the end of the 21 days, I was feeling much better at the end of each workout. I was much more able to stay with the instructor, and could use heavier weights. I also find that I am more flexible! I was actually considering doing another 21 days, but I think I am going to take a week off and focus on my running. Another online accountability group starts in a week, and I am going to participate in that. I may just include some of the 21 Day Fix workouts during the month but not workout every day. I did find that my bad ankle flared up a few times during the 21 days...and I want to make sure I am not making it worse by not resting it a bit more.
The other exciting thing that happened since my last post is that my BMI has dropped to under 30 which makes me only "overweight" instead of "obese". Considering I started at Obese Class II - merely being "overweight" is a strong victory!! Someday I will be considered "Normal" weight...but I know I have a lot of work to do between now and then!!
Last night I ran my 3rd 5K race. This time it was a race called the Lantern Run which benefited Suicide Prevention. It was a difficult race for me. First, it was my first race at night and the course was not well lit. Some of the course was not paved and wound thru the park on trails which were poorly lit as well. This was also my first course that incorporated a lot of hills, which resulted in my very first race that I had to walk a part of the course. That was very frustrating to me as I have been so proud of the fact that I have been able to complete a 5K without having to walk at all, but the constant uphill and downhill really took a toll on my legs! The other thing that was strange was that the race wasn't a full 5K. Since I have been training and racing full 5K's, I constantly measure my time to see my improvement. The race last night was only 2.85 miles so my amazing finish time of 34 minutes was hard to celebrate. I will celebrate the fact that the two full miles that I ran were both sub-13 minute miles, which has never happened! Even though the weather has definitely turned toward fall, I plan to keep training for my next race on November 21st.
My food choices have been suspect these last few weeks. The quantity of food I can eat has not changed, but I have added some alcohol back into my life (wasted calories) and have also eaten more sugar (in the form of candy) and I believe that is why my weight loss has slowed to a trickle. I know what I need to do...I need to get back to the basics of protein first, followed by vegetables and then fruits. If I do that, then there won't be any room left for the bad calorie choices! So I am going to rededicate myself to the process and get these last 30 pounds off my body!!!
Onward!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment