Sunday, September 27, 2015

Week 1 of the 21 Day Fix and other thoughts...

So today marks the end of the first week of the 21 Day Fix.  I have kept true to my word and have done it every single day for a week.  First let me say that there has been zero change on the scale.  This is a bit disappointing because the main reason I decided to spend the money on the program was to end this damned stall I have been on!  But, as the week progressed, I realized that the type of exercise I have been doing - while fine for the most part - was certainly not building muscle the way this program is designed to do.  While lying in bed last night, I could tell that my outer thighs and hips have toned just a bit, and that is after only one week!  So, I am going to reserve judgement until I make it to day 21 and then I'll let you know if I think this program is worth it.

A big thing I have noticed since surgery is my ability to deal with the crap that life throws my way WITHOUT numbing my feelings with food.  This week, I had the installer come out to put in my new gas fireplace insert.  I was super excited about this as I have looked at an empty firebox in my kitchen/dining room for about 15 years now!  I had visions of nights ahead where I ate dinner in front of a fire...or made breakfast in a toasty warm kitchen.  To my dismay, the installer found that the company that ran the gas piping 10 years ago drilled the hole for the pipe through the side of the chimney of my basement fireplace!  He immediately asked me if I ever use that fireplace, and I told him that I think we burned one fire in it years ago.  He proceeded to tell me that with the chimney compromised, a fire downstairs could have burned down my house!  Yikes!!!  So, until I could get the chimney repaired and new gas piping put through another way, they couldn't install my fireplace.  Well crap!  I was so pissed off and disappointed and worried about how much this was going to cost (since I maxed out my budget buying the fireplace insert) and after he left, I felt like curling up in bed for a good cry!  What I didn't feel like doing however, was ordering a large pizza and burying my face in it!  I realize now how often I used food as a coping mechanism!  The good news is that I called the company who ran the gas lines 10 years ago (thankfully they are still in business) and the owner came to my house to have a look.  He agreed that their worker did not run the line correctly and so they are going to fix it at no charge!  Wow!  Now that is customer service!  As soon as they actually do fix it and my fireplace is installed and functioning, I am going to post a glowing review of both companies.  When I receive great service, I like to put it out their for other consumers to see.

Yesterday I went with a friend up to the town of Leavenworth.  Just across Steven's Pass and in a beautiful area of Washington.  We had a great time wandering the shops.  The Autumn Leaf Festival was underway and so it was a bit more crowded than we had hoped, but it was still lot's of fun and it was an absolutely gorgeous day without a cloud in the sky!  Today I am going to work at my company's "Adopt-a-Street" clean up day and that should burn off a few calories!  After that, I am making a dinner for my daughter and her fiancé as they are both coming over to help me get some large chores done.  It's time to get the yard ready for fall and winter and my future son-in-law is a complete sweetheart to come and do the heavy work.  I am a lucky woman!!

Future fun that is just being firmed up is a mother-daughters trip to NYC!!  My younger daughter is graduating from Boston University next May, and her sister and I will be flying to Boston to attend her graduation.  After that is over, we are all heading up to NYC for 3 fun filled days and nights together!  I have always wanted to go to NYC and I can't wait to share this experience with both of my girls!  So the next few months will be spent looking at hotels, broadway show schedules, and making lists of everything we hope to see and do while we are there!  Even more motivation to get this last 30 pounds off!  NYC here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment