Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sorry I've been MIA

I am a few weeks behind in updating my blog.  The holidays came in like a whirlwind, my youngest daughter came home from college for Christmas, I shopped and wrapped and decorated like a fiend...and then...it was over!  That seems to happen to me every year...chaos!...and then nothing!

The good news is that for once in my life I did NOT gain any weight over the holidays!!!  Yay!!!  OK - celebration over.  I also did not LOSE any weight over the holidays!  I have been at a stall now for about 3 months.  I did eat more refined sugars over the holidays...candy, cookies, pie, etc...even in very small quantities they add up to very big calories.  And while my calorie intake went up up up...my exercise went down down down.  A recipe for disaster for sure.  I feel lucky that I kept it under control enough to maintain my weight.  Now the real work begins.

Next month (in fact exactly 30 days from today) is my one year "surgiversary".  February 5th, 2014 was the day that I took back my life.  While it is not likely that I will be at goal by my one year date (I still have 20 pounds left to lose) I have never - not even once - looked back since that day.  11 months later, I would get on that plane...fly to San Diego...be driven across the border to
INT Hospital and have this surgery all over again!

I will do a more comprehensive post a month from now...but just a few things that I am thankful for at 11 months post op.

Tying my shoes without breaking a sweat
Not having my underwear cut off the circulation to my thighs
Not having thighs that rub together to the point of rashes
Saving a ton of money on food
Being able to buy clothes from the "regular" department
Getting compliments on my looks (maybe that is vanity, but it sure feels nice)
Learning to run and completing 5 - 5K races since my surgery

The list could go on and on...but I will save that for later.
My daughter and I are tackling our first 5K of the year on Saturday.  Our goal this year is to run a 5K race every month.  We are set for January...looking for a race in February...and have already registered for a race in March!  We are determined!

I will be back to my weekly posting now that life is returning to a normal pace.  And I will continue to work my plan until these last 20 pounds are gone and I am at goal.  Who knows...maybe then I will begin to blog about my upcoming tummy tuck surgery!  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment