Today was my first day for a couple of things.
First, I didn't weigh myself this morning. I made a deal with myself yesterday that I was only going to weigh on Monday's now because I was becoming a bit obsessed with Mr. Scale.
Second, I went back to work today. I really did feel ready, but was still a bit hesitant to see how I would do in a non-controlled environment. Well, I did really good...and then not so good.
Let's start with the good. I am NOT a morning person! I am the person who hits the snooze button several times too many each morning and then runs around like a chicken with her head cut off trying to pull everything together for work. Fortunately I only live 15 minutes from my job so usually I can pull it off! But now I need an extra 20 minutes in the morning to prepare for the day. So this morning I only hit the snooze button once! I got up and showered and dressed and then prepared my lunch for the day. Some jello, some soup, and a protein drink for throughout the day and another protein drink to start me off right. After being away from work for 12 days, there was a lot waiting for me this morning. I went right into a 2-1/2 hour meeting! Luckily, I had over half my protein shake left to drink and then after I finished that, I got a bottle of water and sipped that for the rest of the meeting. So far so good. I was worried about getting tired in the afternoon, but I didn't. I was in such a great mood today! The only bad thing was that I didn't drink nearly enough water. here at home, I have a water bottle at the ready all the time. At work, I'd fill up my water bottle and then get bogged down in a project and 2 hours later I would realize that I hadn't even touched it! I am going to have to come up with something that reminds me to drink. Maybe a timer or something on my phone that when it goes off I know I had better be drinking water!!! I am now two weeks without coffee or diet soda - both are things which were daily staples to me prior to the pre-op phase of this journey. And you know what?? I am OK! I don't miss the soda at all (which is very surprising to me) and I only miss the coffee a little. I don't know if I really miss the coffee or if I miss the steaming mug and something warm to sip on a cold morning. I don't like hot tea, but as soon as the weather warms up a bit, I will be getting in some fresh brewed iced tea!
All in all, a successful day. I don't know if anyone else has felt this way or not, but I am just more happy today than I was a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if my hormones are changing or if it's just that I am not filled to the brim with all the crap I used to put in my body. Either way, I'll take it. I hope this feeling lasts a very very long time!! Good night and pleasant dreams!
No comments:
Post a Comment