Months of waiting are finally at an end. I have the money, the plane ticket, and my suitcase is packed! I have read everything I could find on what to bring and what to expect. I have completed my three day yogurt and water pre-op diet (and now I really hate yogurt). Tomorrow at 4:30am a car will come and pick me up to take me to the airport to begin this life changing journey.
I am not scared. I am not nervous. I am ready. Somehow I just feel different. Different than every time I thought I was ready before. Maybe it's because I am alone now...and for the first time in my life, it can be all about me. I can choose what I eat, when I eat, and how much I eat. I can choose when to go to the gym and how long to stay once I get there. I can choose to succeed!
Today I was thinking about all the events that I have coming up later this year. A trip with a friend, a visit with relatives in San Francisco, a business trip to Vegas, and a trip late in the year to Palm Springs. All I keep thinking is how great I am going to feel doing all these things as I drop the weight. The last time I went to Palm Springs for business, I wore baggy capri pants and 3/4 length sleeve shirts. While everyone was either at the pool or hiking or golfing in their swimsuits/shorts/tank tops, I was doing everything I could to hide my body. This time, it will be different! I can't wait to fit into a booth at a restaurant. I can't wait to have extra room in an airplane seat. I can't wait to toss all my frumpy elastic waist polyester pants and buy new form fitting clothes. I can't wait to look in the mirror and like what I see.
So...I'm off to shower and get ready for bed. My new life awaits!
No comments:
Post a Comment