I have decided to change my weekly weigh-in's to Sunday's. Mostly because I have time to write in this blog on Sunday's, and I really don't on Monday! So here goes...
First, since I haven't posted my stats in a while, I thought I would take a journey back to the begining.
My highest weigh was 224.4
My surgery weight was 216.0
Today's weight 195.2
After I broke the dreaded stall last week, the weight has been coming off at a steady pace. Sometimes I find myself dwelling on when the next stall will occur, but I try to keep that out of my head and just enjoy the weight loss that is happening right now. I keep reminding myself that I am only 6 weeks out from surgery. All those old sayings rattle around in my head...you didn't put this weight on overnight and you won't lose it overnight...Rome wasn't built in a day...good things come to those who wait...etc. But the truth is I want to wake up tomorrow at goal. Who doesn't?? But the reality is that I will probably take close to the full year to get to my initial goal of 150. My dream goal of 130??? Maybe...but I can't think that far in advance. 150 is far enough in the future and completely attainable, so that is where I am setting my sights for now.
This week is going to be a bit challenging. My daughter is on vacation and I am taking care of her puppy. I have a 16 year old dog myself and have been completely spoiled by how self sufficient she is. Since mostly what she really likes is to cuddle up on the bed and sleep while I watch TV in the evenings, we are a perfect pair! Enter a lively, wiggly, needy puppy and our world is on tilt!! Pepper doesn't understand "me time". LOL How dare I try and go to the bathroom by myself !! I think she thinks I hoard all the bones in the bathroom and that's why I won't let her in!! LOL So far (day 4) Pepper thinks that a great time to get up in the morning is 6am. While on a work day I wouldn't mind getting up 30 minutes earlier than usual, on a Sunday morning it's brutal !! Having her has also put a kink in my workouts, but it's only for 4 more days, and I can jump back into the swing of things after that.
This coming weekend is my mother-in-laws memorial service. We have a lot of her family coming into town from California and the East Coast so I have offered my spare bedrooms to them. The problem is that those bedrooms have been empty except for when my college daughter comes home periodically. So I have had to clean those rooms, change the linens, open windows to air them out, etc. I should have done all this last week "pre-puppy", but of course I didn't!! Now with Pepper in tow, I am attempting to do it all. If I could only convince her that she should stay off the bed until after I finish making it!
I still feel like having a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy was the best possible decision for me. I don't have any regrets...about having the surgery, or going to Mexico to have it done. I have healed really well (my incision scars are just tiny pink lines now) and although I still can't eat more than about 1/2 a cup of food at each meal, that food goes down well and I have not had any pain or vomiting like I read some people have to deal with. One interesting thing I have noticed is that I get very bored at meals. I think I am hungry, and then I sit down to eat and after a few bites, I am just not interested any more. I basically force myself to eat meals so that I don't find myself grazing all day long. That would be so much easier, but it's a bad habit and when I am able to eat more normal amounts, I don't want that grazing to have become my eating pattern.
Until next week...
No comments:
Post a Comment