7 weeks post op and I am doing great! After my stall right above 200 I have been steadily losing weight. As of this morning I am at 192! I have a vacation in 3 weeks and the thought of going on vacation with my weight in the 180's is thrilling!!
Food wise, I am now able to eat most anything. I still have not added red meat back into my diet. I have read that red meat is one of the hardest foods for my new stomach to digest and so I am not anxious to put that to the test. I love chicken and fish and so I am fine for now.
Dining out has been a large part of my life lately. Friends coming into town, two birthday celebrations, a wedding, a funeral, you name it and I've experienced it in the last few weeks. Dining out is not a problem for me. I am so lucky to not feel "hunger", so it doesn't bother me in the least to see my friends chowing down. Sometimes I forget that I can't eat like I used to, but so far my brain has kicked in before I do something stupid. Last night I was with my two daughters at a local restaurant and they ordered nachos. As we were talking (and we all love to talk), I absentmindedly filled a small plate with nachos. A minute later I looked down at that plate and laughed! I passed the plate to my daughter and said "sorry, can you eat this - I don't know what the heck I was thinking!" She laughed and said she was wondering the same thing but was going to wait and see what I did. My other daughter said "well, that is how you used to eat!". So true...so much of my eating habits prior to surgery were just mindless grazing. Now my eating has to be much more mindful, and sometimes old habits take over and I have to rein them in.
With puppy sitting and family coming into town for a funeral, my exercising fell to nothing in the last week. I am actually excited to start up again this week! And my workout partner (bless her) has already called to set up our weeks workout schedule. I really need/want to build up some muscle. I am tired of having such a weak body and look forward to being able to do more things as I lose weight and get into better shape.
I still am so happy that I had this surgery! No regrets - no looking back - no "what-if's". If things change down the line, I will let you know, but right at this minute I would fly back to Tijuana and do it all over again to have these same results and feel this good.
Laters...
No comments:
Post a Comment