Sunday, March 15, 2015

The stall is broken and I'm in ONEderland!!!

Wow - an 18 day stall...I wasn't mentally prepared for that!  I figured 4 days, maybe a week...that's all it will take.  After all, I know the small amounts I am consuming.  I know that I am drinking nothing but water. I know that I went to the gym 4 times last week.  But every morning I would get on that scale, sure that this will be the day it moves, and nothing.  During that 18 days my weight fluctuated between 200.2 and 204!!  Mathematically it just didn't seem possible, and yet there it was.
Until today...

I almost didn't even get on the scale this morning.  After all, Mondays are my official weigh in day.  And before week two of this stall, I wasn't weighing myself every day.  But after about day 10 of the stall, that scale called to me incessantly every morning.  Today might be the day, it would call as I was in the shower.  You should just step on and see, it would call as I was packing my lunch for work.  And like a child to the pied piper I would head in to the bathroom and hop on.  It really got to be depressing about day 15.  I had added gym time to my schedule and my friend and I went 4 times last week.  I had sore muscles, drank more water, and knew I had to be burning extra calories and fat and yet Mr. Scale said "nay-nay" you weigh the same as before!!  Until today...

I know that this journey is about more than a number on a scale.  Really, I know that.  But this was a big leap, that illusive ticket to ONEderland.  I just really wanted to scale (no pun intended) that mountain and get to the other side.  And now I have.

I hope that the scale is kind for a few weeks.  I hope that my next stall only lasts a week.  But regardless of all that, today I will celebrate the glorious fact that my weight starts with a 1.  I have earned it!  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment