This week flew by! Busy at work, time at the gym, and a volunteer day at our local walk for MS, made this a busy and fulfilling week! And to top it off I broke into the 180's!!! (total lost now 35 lbs)
Things I did right this week...
No eating out
3 times to the gym
Volunteered
Took 4 boxes of old clothes to Goodwill
Bought a new bathing suit for my vacation
Things I could have done better...
Ate 1/2 a bagel (it made me sick)
Didn't drink enough water
Was late to work twice
Didn't wear my retainer every night
Didn't do my face cleansing routine every night
The one thing I need to get through my thick head is that bread (in any form) is not my friend.
I have been a bread lover my whole life. Bread, English Muffins, Bagels, Pizza, I love all things bread. I know some people have been able to eat different breads after being sleeved, but it appears that I am NOT one of them! Every single time I have tried to eat even a couple of bites of some type of bread I have instantly regretted it. It feels like the bread forms into a giant ball in my stomach and just sits there...causing a lot of pain...and a bit of nausea (just to add insult to injury). I am vowing to eat no breads for the next 3 months. I will try a bite or two again in July and see if I am able to tolerate it. If not, I will wait 6 months before I try it again!!!
Other foods have been added successfully back into my diet. In small quantities (1/4 cup or less) I have tolerated...risotto, rice, milk, and most fruits. I also do well with fish and chicken. Recently I tried pulled pork and that was unsuccessful. I am swearing off red meats for now...maybe someday I will try my luck, but for now I am happy without it. Spicy foods don't seem to bother me. tonight for dinner I had 3 oz of a jalapeño salmon patty. Delicious!! I had this with 1/4 cup of broccoli and rice.
So yummy and filling without creating any lingering stomach pain. My kind of dinner!!!
For the coming week, I am going to go to the gym 3 times, get a pedicure for my vacation, and get all my laundry done so that I can pack. I went shopping for swim shorts to go over my one piece suit and ended up getting the shorts and a swim top! Love them and I actually feel comfortable wearing them which is some kind of miracle! I have gone from a size 20 pant to a 16, and from a 2X top to an XL. I bought 3 new summer tops for my vacation and they were NOT from the plus size department. It was so nice to shop where there was so much more selection!
I was hoping to have lost 40 pounds by the time I went on vacation. I am not going to reach that goal...but I am going to be damn close!!! I am going to exercise, eat right, and have fun on vacation! My vacation goal is to NOT gain any weight! I know I can do it.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment