Got back from my vacation late last night and had to get up early and get back to work. I had a wonderful time with my friends and it was very relaxing! The weather was a little bit of everything and only really the last two days were hot.
I kept to my goal of getting up every morning and walking. I got up around 6:30 or 7:00am, filled up my water bottle and grabbed my iPod..then I took off for a lovely walk around the hills where my friend lives. My life at home is so rushed and busy that I had forgotten how relaxing it is to just go for a walk with no time constraints and no where that I am really "going". I saw rabbits, and squirrels, and even a couple of red tailed hawks! One morning I got lost and thought I could cut through the golf course and get back to the main road. The only problem with that was that in order to get to the road, I had to climb a steep embankment! I am sure the golfers on that hole got a chuckle watching me slip and slide my way up to the top! The next day, I didn't go back that way!!
Both of my friends were aware of my sleeve surgery and my food limitations and so it wasn't a big deal at meal times. If they were having sandwiches, I just ate the meat and cheese without the bread! I brought my protein drinks and protein bars and so mostly I had those for breakfast with some fresh fruit. It was so easy and kept me going the whole day. I did drink more alcohol that I had planned to, but I didn't stress about it.
When I got up this morning, I was actually excited to get on the scale. I weighed myself the morning that I left, and I really felt like I had lost some weight since then. I was right!! I lost 3 pounds while on vacation!!! I don't know if I have ever lost weight on vacation before! The thing that struck me was that I didn't feel deprived at any time. I ate regular food (minus the bread type carbs which still make me sick) and even had a couple of spoonfuls of ice cream one evening!
So...as of this morning here are my stats.
HW - 224.4
SW - 216.0
Current weight - 185.8
I have now lost a total of 38.6 pounds! I have two weeks and 3 days until I leave to visit my youngest daughter in Boston. I want to weight under 180 when I get on that plane! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment