Sunday, August 2, 2015

And the frustration continues...

Yet another week with no weight loss.  I totally blame myself, as I did not carry through on my week of exercise plan.  This heat just makes me lazy and I don't want to be even more hot, so I just hang around the fan and wish for cooler weather.  I have been working on my house all week getting ready for a small get together of friends on Wednesday.  This has inspired me to get a bunch of things done that have been on my to-do list forever!  I am finally framing photos, buying a new area rug, repotting plants, and touch up painting!  I should have friends over more often!

I think that I need to get real with myself though.  One month with no weight loss means that I have some soul searching to do and some changes to make.  Here are some things I know for sure...

1) I am not getting enough (or the right kind) of exercise.  I need more weight resistance exercise and not just cardio.

2) My food choices have not been as good as they could be.  A bite of candy, a drink or two (or three), not enough veggies, and irregular meal times have got to be part of my stall.

3) After being thrilled with my 55 pound loss, I can feel my self doubt creeping in.  One month ago I liked what I saw in the mirror.  I knew I still had a way to go, but I could see the positive changes and I was really happy.  Now I am not.  I weigh the same as a month ago, but I am starting to see all the negative things in the mirror.  I am starting to doubt the journey and my ability to make the choices and changes that will see me through to the end.

So...what to do to turn this around.  I don't seem to have "boot-straps"...if I did, I would have picked myself up by them long ago.  What I need is a solid plan!  My "plan" to exercise last week turned out to be more of a "wish" than a "plan".  I think I need a day by day blueprint of what it is I am going to actually DO every day.  There is no way I can make this plan for a whole week...too many things get in the way unexpectedly and I end up not following through.  So I am just going to make a 1 Day Plan each evening for the next day.

So...what is my plan for tomorrow?

Food
Protein Shake for breakfast - and no coffee
Fish Taco for lunch with grapes
Prosciutto and melon for snack
Oatmeal and bacon for dinner

Exercise
Walk 10,000 steps
Do my kettle bell workout DVD before bed

I will get up from my desk and walk around the office once every hour tomorrow.
I will drink 5 glasses of water during the day

If I follow all of this, then I will have a sugar free popsicle before bed!

I really want this weight to continue to come off.  I don't want to stall this journey due to my own mismanagement of my circumstances.  I need to get back to basics and to do that I need to take it one day at a time.  Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment