Sunday, August 9, 2015

Hanging with VSG friends

This last week has been wonderful...and a lot of that is due to the fact that I got to hang with several friends who have also had VSG surgery!  If you are considering this surgery, and you don't know anyone who has had (or is even contemplating) the surgery, I encourage you to find a support group to join!  No one understands how you feel like someone who is going through the same thing!  It's so nice to be able to talk about your victories, your setbacks, your dreams and goals without fear of judgement, or jealousy!  I belong to a few online support groups, and I do love the feeling of camaraderie on those sites...but nothing beats sitting down with a fellow sleever and really talking about how everything is going... and what's working...and just ANYTHING!!

Last weekend, I went to a party where 4 of us at the party had already had the surgery!  Being able to check in with them...one already at goal, and three of us on our way...was so uplifting!  Then on Wednesday night, I hosted a small gathering at my house and another one of my VSG friends attended.  She is doing so great and it was nice to have someone to split a dish with!!  Then yesterday I went to an Art Fair with yet another of my VSG friends.  It is really good to have people to talk to who understand where you are and where you are going (not to mention how you are going to get there!).  I ended this week feeling so positive about the changes in my life and so grateful for good friends!

I am holding at 168.6 this morning which is a 2.2 pound loss for this week.  I also just completed a fitness challenge group and so today was my measurement day.  In the 4 weeks of the group, I lost 4 pounds and 3".  Not my best effort, but all in the right direction.  A new group starts up tomorrow and I have already joined, so I hope to double my effort (and thus double my reward) in the month of this group.  I also have one month until my next 5K so I need to get busy training.  I hope to shave a minute or two off my time!

I bought a new pair of jeans this week and they were a size 14!!  The weather is currently too hot for jeans, and so I hope that they still fit by the time I am able to wear them.  I have not removed the tags yet, just in case I need to return them.  A size 14 is the smallest I have been since becoming pregnant for the first time in 1989!  It was hard for me to imagine (when I was a size 20) what it would feel like to wear a 14...and now I am contemplating what it will feel like to wear a 12!  I have also gone from a 2X top to a L top...and now I am wondering what it will feel like to wear a M top!  This journey has opened my mind to possibilities that I previously thought were out of the realm of chance!  For the first time I feel like anything is possible if I want it bad enough to do the work!  And the beauty of the sleeve is that a significant portion of the work (the food portion) is so much easier than it had been pre-surgery!  I love the restriction that having the sleeve imposes, and I love being able to go hours without thinking about food!  This is such a radical change for me!  Pre-surgery, I thought about food morning, noon, and night!!  I am now free of this thought process and never want to go back to those old ways of thinking!!!

Here's to an amazing week of positive thinking, plenty of exercise, good food choices...and of course, weight loss!!  Go forth and conquer!

No comments:

Post a Comment