Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Mid-week update - stall appears to be broken!

The sigh of relief that left my body yesterday when I stepped on the scale could probably be heard far and wide.  After 33 days of a stall, the scale finally moved below 170!

I typically only weigh myself on Sunday mornings.  At least I do as long as the scale is moving in a downward trend.  Once I have a couple of weeks where that nasty scale does not go down I admit that I am once again forced (by my own OCD mind) into weighing EVERY morning.  That makes me even crazier (that doesn't stop me from doing it) because my weight fluctuates every day.

For 33 days my weight hovered between 170.8 and 173.0  This was driving me nuts!  I tries a lot of different things to get the scale moving again.  More exercise...different types of exercise...more food...less food...etc.  Nothing seemed to make a bit of difference.

I told myself that stalls happen (I already lived through a 21 day stall at month 3), but when day after day you see no progress, it starts to mess with your head. (or at least my head)  On Sunday last, I decided that this week I was going to make daily goals instead of weekly ones.  My Monday goal was to get in my 10,000 steps, do a kettle bell workout, and drink an extra 8 oz of water.  I accomplished that goal and when I got on the scale on Tuesday morning, it said 169.6 - WHAT??!!  I admit that I got off and back on the scale three times, and every time it read 169.6.  I went to work even more determined to stick to my day two goals.  Day 2 was to once again get in my 10,000 steps, to drink an extra 8 ounces of water, and to go to bed early enough to get a full 8 hours of sleep.  Mission accomplished!  When I weighed myself this morning the scale said 168.6 !!!  After 33 days of losing nothing I lost 2.2 pounds in 3 days!

I am a bit in shock.  But since this daily goal thing appears to be working, I am going to keep it up.
Today's goal is to once again get in my 10,000 steps, to do a yoga workout before bed, to drink an extra 8 ounces of water, and to get a full 8 hours of sleep.

I am once again headed in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment