Got up early for breakfast, a shower, and a massage. Went back to my room to dress and wait for Lety to come and get me. She messaged me that there is an accident and she is stuck in traffic so she will be a little late. No problem...I am ready and excited to go when she gets here!
Lety and I drove to the town of Rosarito and got there about noon. She asked me what I wanted to do and I said I didn't care...just was happy to be out, driving around, enjoying the sun! We decided to have lunch first and we went to a lovely restaurant right on the beach called Las Pelicanos. I treated us both to lunch and it was yummy. I couldn't eat all of my chicken quesadilla so I got a box to take back with me. We took some photos and then Lety said she would take me to the shopping street. There was an outdoor market place with lots of booths. I felt like we were the only customers though and that was sad. Maybe it is busier on the weekends. I ended up buying a dress for myself, and a few trinkets for my kids. Then Lety took me to the Rosarito Hotel. It was built in the 1930's and was almost torn down to build a new modern hotel. But in the end they decided to keep the old hotel and build the new one next to it. I am so glad because the original hotel is lovely. Tile work, wall murals, and beautiful stucco and woodwork! It would have been such a shame to just tear it down!
After that, I was really tired and so Lety brought me back to the Casa to rest for a couple of hours until it was time for my appointment with Dr Rodriguez. Got to the doctors office before he was back from surgery so we had to wait for a bit. His offices are really nice and very modern. I got all my paperwork from Paulina on my breast implants and my post op care. Dr R came and I went in for my check up. He was very happy with how everything was healing. He took out most of my stitches...only left the ones at the very end of each hip and the ones in my bellybutton because it is still really swollen there and he feels its best to leave them. I will find someone to take them out in a couple of weeks at home. The best news is that he removed one drain...and he said that if the quantity draining remains the same between now and Saturday, he will have the nurses at the Casa remove the last drain before I leave for home!!! Yay!!! I am very happy with my choice of surgeon. He has been great with follow up and he handled my complication with skill and compassion. He gave me lots of info to take home with me and every other Friday I am going to send him photos of my incisions so that he can give me any advice needed. He also said that I can contact him anytime I have questions or concerns and he will get back to me as soon as possible. Can't ask for much more than that!!
After my appointment, Lety took me to a pharma so that I could get my friend at home some of her anti nausea meds. At home she gets 10 pills for about $60 - in Mexico I got 20 pills for $12 !!! We really need to find a way to control the costs of medication in the states! If I lived on the border, I would go into Mexico for all my medical needs. They do a great job and for a fraction of the cost! Back for the night...tomorrow is my last full day here and I am going to spend it being as lazy as possible!!
No comments:
Post a Comment