Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Let the healing begin...again

Woke up this morning feeling tired.  I have been struggling with sleep this entire time.  I know it's because I have to sleep on my back.  I have been a stomach sleeper for the last 50 years, so to flip it on me has thrown my sleep cycle for a loop.  I don't seem to have a hard time falling asleep, but I sure can't STAY asleep!  It is getting a little bit better.  The first few days I couldn't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time.  Last night I slept for almost 4 hours before waking.  I wake up with a mouth as dry as the desert...so I know I am sleep with my mouth open! (how lovely)  I keep a water bottle beside the bed and every time I wake up I rinse my mouth and drink a little...but then I wake up again needing to pee...so it's a vicious cycle!

I met a lovely woman here from Canada.  Her name is Dawn.  She had her surgery 5 days before me, so I have been asking her a million questions and she is kind enough to answer them all.  We have had some fun talks and have been getting to know each other and that has gone a long way to easing the loneliness of being here alone.  The doctor has ordered two days of bed rest for me and so I feel so lucky to have Dawn to stop by and sit with me and talk.  Since I have to have bed rest, my Oxygen Chamber appointments have been rescheduled.  I don't really like to watch TV (and there is only one English channel anyway) so I have been reading, and catching up on my political satire.

The next day...
This morning marks day 2 (and hopefully the last day) of bed rest.  Lupita came and helped me with a shower and then back to bed.  That actually made me feel a lot better.  Dawn came and had lunch with me in my room and we laughed and talked and laughed some more and my spirits have been lifted.  Doc did allow me to go for my lymphatic massage in the afternoon and that also made me feel better.  Tomorrow I go back to the chamber in the afternoon followed by a visit to Dr R's office for a follow up appointment.  I am hoping that he is happy with what he sees and I can relax and get down to the business of feeling better!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment