Monday, February 27, 2017

Back to work...and the real world

Just a quick note to say that I survived my first week back at work.  The first few days were tough because I was very stiff and sore and I walked around like I was 90 years old.  A few people asked me if my back was bothering me and I told them the truth...yes it is!

Driving is also a bit hard as I can't really twist around...but I am making it work.  When I get home at the end of the day, I eat a bite and then go straight to the shower and bed.  I have been showering at night because the whole ritual of taking off the garment, then the dressings, then showering, then drying off, and going through the routine of re-dressing the wounds, and then getting back into all my garments takes me at least an hour!  Then I have to dry my hair!  There is no way I could do all that in the morning before work!  I would have to get up at 4am, and anyone who knows me knows that is NOT happening!!!  So for now I have my evening routine and that certainly wears me out so that I sleep well.

I can't say that every day gets better...but I can say that there is a "trend" toward feeling more like my old self.  One thing good that happened is that I found a place near my home that has "mechanical lymphatic drainage".  I called them to find out more and it turns out that it's sort of a suit that you put on...it goes around each leg and foot, around your middle, and down each arm.  The suit inflates and deflates in a particular pattern which helps your lymphatic system keep things moving.  I wasn't sure if I would like it, but after I got used to the feeling, it was wonderful.  I actually fell asleep!  It costs $45 for 45 minutes (which is cheaper than the massages I had at the Casa) and so I was thinking that I would do them once a week for a month or so.  Then I found out that I could buy a punchcard for 10 massages for $300 which (even I can do this math) makes them only $30 per massage.  So I bought the punchcard and now I will be getting massages for the next couple of months!  I am really excited about this and hope it helps me keep the swelling down!

I am on week two back at work now and today was my best day yet (more of that healing trend).  My smaller garment (while still tight) no longer feels like it's purpose is to rob me of breath until I pass out!  So that is progress!  I have a new garment coming later this week so that I don't have to do so much washing all week long!  Looking forward to that.  Also my friend who is a nurse is coming on Wednesday night to remove all my remaining stitches.  I only have them in each hip and in my belly button so hopefully it will be easy for her.  I am now officially caught up on blogging.  Sorry that it took so long to get through everything!!

Well that's all for now...stay tuned for pics this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back in the comfort of your house and getting back on track. Before you know it, you will be doing a marathon.. Love your updated.

    ReplyDelete