Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Houston we have lift off (or splash down) ;)

Hallelujah (cue angels singing)...like a last minute stay of execution signed by the governor...I pooped!!!  WaHooooooo!!!  I got up early to say goodbye to Dawn who was being picked up at 6am. I am so sorry to see her go, but she is so happy to get to go home and see her husband and son that I gave her a big hug and told her to keep me posted on her progress (instead of crying and feeling sorry for myself).  Then I went back up to my room.  I slept pretty good last night...my longest stretch yet - 5 hours!  So I wasn't sleepy.  I was sitting up in bed wondering if I should get my glasses and start reading the book I brought with me when...a feel a rumble.  As Pooh would say...there's a rumbly in my tumbly.  I was almost afraid to move, afraid I would jinx it.  I laid very still and waited.  Another rumble, and another, and then I felt it, "the urge".  Well I will spare you the gory details, but suffice it to say that if you had told me that morning, "Phyllis, you are full of shit", you would have been right. Oh my, that was marvelous.  I immediately felt so much better!  I couldn't wait for Lupita to come in and ask me the same question she has asked for a week.  I was giddy with excitement!  Much like a 3 year old who drags their Mom in to see their "potty"!! (don't worry, I flushed!  I didn't save it to show her!)  Lupita laughed and said it was because I was afraid to get an enema.  Damn straight!!  Now I don't need to.  Lupita threw water on my flames however when she said..."well you went once, we need to make sure you go again".  What???   More "poop watch"??  LOL

I hate to say it, but the morning BM was the highlight of today.  It started raining and it rained all day.  I was hoping for a short walk outside today, but that was not to be.  I started watching the Netflix series "The People vs. OJ Simpson" and I have to admit I got hooked.  I binge watched the entire series in 2 days!  I did take a blanket and a pillow and went down to the lounge area and sat and read my book and also had my lunch there.  But other than that today was a lazy day with nothing much going on.  Later in the evening I got a message from Dawn saying that she had made it home and that she was exhausted and would talk more tomorrow about her adventures in getting home.  I am so happy for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment