Today is Thursday, February 17th and it's my last full day in the Casa. The only thing I have on my schedule today is my last lymphatic drainage massage. The package comes with 5 massages and I ended up purchasing 2 extras, which I had yesterday and today. I hope to find a place at home to do these as I do feel like they are helping with the swelling - especially the lipo swelling in my back. The tightness and achy feeling in my back is the only thing right now that is bothering me. It's not "painful" necessarily, but it is uncomfortable and makes it difficult to sit or even lie down without a lot of maneuvering!
The weather today has completely changed from the warm sunny day I spent in Rosarito yesterday. A storm is coming in and they are predicting high winds and a LOT of rain. So I stayed indoors today. Sat down in the lounge for a while and read a magazine. Visited for just a bit with Amber. Then I just laid in bed and relaxed and let everyone take care of me! This 16 days was such a good investment for me. Especially after I had to have surgery - round 2 !! I am going to be in for a rude awakening at home!! LOL
As the day progressed, the weather got worse and worse. We lost power late in the afternoon, but it wasn't out for too long. Lupita came around and gave us a candle to have in our room in case we lose power overnight. The wind is blowing so hard and I can see branches blowing off trees! The Pacific is rough and full of white caps...what a way to end my time here! I went on line to look at flights out of San Diego and almost every flight for this evening is delayed. They say that this weather is going to be here for a few days and so I am a little worried about getting home tomorrow. I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
I spent some time this afternoon saying goodbye to the nurses who will not be here in the morning. Lupita will be here and she is the one that will pull my last drain!! I will miss her so much! It was like having my Mom take care of me...a combination of love, tenderness, and hard cold facts which I really appreciated! I feel ready to go home...I am just a bit apprehensive about doing anything that will slow down my recovery! I read stories about people who get seromas, infections, incisions that open up, etc and I know that can happen...I just want to do everything I can to lessen the chance of it happening to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment